[Update – this work has been completed. The notice remains as part of the historical record of notices issued for this project. Please refer to the most recent notice for an up-to-date record of the notices presently in place for this project. This can be accessed via the project description page here.]
Mariners are advised that the scheduled maintenance operations due to be carried out by the jack up vessel MPI Resolution at two locations within the Gwynt y Môr Offshore Wind Farm off the North Wales are now due to start during October 2020. The Notice to Mariners has been revised accordingly. It is summarised below and can be downloaded here.
The jack up vessel MPI Resolution is due to be carrying out maintenance at wind turbines G07J and F17E within the Gwynt y Môr Offshore Windfarm area. The location of these turbines can be seen on the Kingfisher Awareness Chart here, and coordinates are given below:-
- Turbine G07J: 53°27.41’N 003°37.289’W (alternatively 53°27’24.61″N 003°37’17.36″W)
- Turbine F17E: 53°27.787’N 003°29.68’W (alternatively 53°27’47.23″N 003°29’40.8″W)
The start date for this work is expected to be the 3rd October 2020 with an expected duration of 7 days. These dates are subject to weather and sea conditions.
MP Resolution is a 130m jack up vessel with a blue hull and white superstructure. The vessel details and a link to its present location are given below:-
- MPI Resolution: jack up vessel | Call sign PCJM
When at the specified locations the vessel will be restricted in the ability to manoeuvre and will exhibit signals in accordance with the UK Standard Marking Schedule for Offshore Installations.
Other vessels are asked to observe a 500m exclusion zone at all times and to gain permission from the vessel before approaching within the 500m zone.
The vessel will monitor VHF Channel 16 at all times.
Details of this work are specified in the Notice to Mariners that can be downloaded here.
Notices to Mariners
The Notices to Mariners that are currently issued for Gwynt y Môr Offshore Windfarm are listed below:-
- Jack-up vessel operations, October 2020: this is the notice summarised here. It was issued on 2nd September 2020 and revised on 13th September. It advises of scheduled maintenance operations due to be carried out by the jack up vessel MPI Resolution at two locations within the Gwynt y Môr Offshore Wind during early October 2020. The Notice to Mariners can be downloaded here.
- Gwynt y Môr: Benthic Survey, September 2020: this notice was issued on 13th September and advises of survey work due to be carried out to the south and west of the Gwynt y Môr windfarm during September 2020. The notice can be downloaded here.
- Wave buoy maintenance, September 2020: this notice was issued on 13th September and advises of maintenance of the wave buoy located at the Gwynt y Môr windfarm. The notice can be downloaded here.
Please contact Jim Andrews, Fishery Liaison Officer by e-mail or phone (+44(0)7908-225865) if you have any queries or concerns about this notice.