Your privacy is important. This page describes the steps we take to protect your privacy.
If you sign up for news updates on the AWJ website we will ask you for your e-mail address, first name and second name.
- We will only use the personal information you provide to allow us to to send you information updates that you have requested (or any new projects in the same geographic area which we think may be of interest to you).
- We will not disclose this information to any third parties unless we are compelled or required to by law.
- All correspondence from our website will include a link to allow you to unsubscribe from our news services.
We have several security features on our site to protect your information:-
- Anti-spam – to register on the site you have to type in some random characters. This prevents any malicious software on you computer from registering your details with us.
- Personal authentication – your subscription for updates will only be activated once you personally respond to a confirmation e-mail from us.
- Secure storage – all personal information held on this website is encrypted and stored on our secure, dedicated servers.
Information held by AWJ
AWJ keeps a record of the name and e-mail address provided by individuals and organisations, and the identity of the mailing list which that individual or organisation has subscribed to.
AWJ also records information about the e-mail updates that have been sent to each individual on its mailing lists. This information is retained for the purpose of demonstrating that AWJ has complied with its statutory functions.
We will only retain personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purpose it was collected for.
Individuals have rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation over the data held by AWJ. We will ensure our data processes comply with these rights, and will make all reasonable efforts to fulfil requests from an individual in relation to these rights, including:-
- Right of access: individuals can request to see the data that we hold and obtain confirmation of how it is being used.
- Right to rectify: individuals can request that their data be updated where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to object: individuals can object to their data being used for a particular process.
- Right to unsubscribe: individuals can unsubscribe from any mailing lists operated by AWJ. All e-mails sent from the AWJ website will include an unsubscribe link.
- Right to erasure: individuals can request that data held on them by AWJ is deleted, and providing that AWJ is not required to retain this information by law, it will be deleted.
Any request to access / rectify / object / unsubscribe or erase data should be submitted in writing to us, and will be actioned within a month.
Cookies are small pieces of information sent to your computer or browsing device when you access a website. These files are not computer programs and cannot be used to cause damage to your computer.
Newsletters / e-mail updates
We use a program hosted on our website to send out newsletters and e-mails. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear image files (gifs) to help us monitor and improve our communications.