[Please note – this work has now been completed, the notice is archived here for reference only.]
Mariners are advised that one day of maintenance operations is due to be carried out on the wave buoy located at the Rhyl Flats Offshore windfarm in July 2021. A Notice to Mariners about this operation is summarised below and can be downloaded here.
The vessel Vital is due to conduct one day of maintenance on the wave buoy located at the Rhyl Flats Offshore windfarm on or around the 18th July 2021. This date is subject to weather and sea conditions.
This work will be carried out within an area measuring approximtely 700m by 400m, located off the north-eastern corner of the windfarm within the points listed below:-
- Point A: 53°23.111’N 003°36.418’W
- Point B: 53°23.065’N 003°36.054’W
- Point C: 53°22.689’N 003°36.185’W
- Point D: 53°22.733’N 003°36.549’W
This area is approximately 9.5km north of Abergele.
Vital is a multi-role vessel measuring 17.00m in length, 7.00m breadth and has a max draft of 1.80m, Blue and White in colour. The vessel details and a link to its present location are given below:-
- Vital: jack up vessel | MMSI 235100118 | Call sign 2GSI9
Other vessels are requested to keep well clear and pass slowly with a wide berth, particularly when the vessel is conducting lifting operations.
The vessel will monitor VHF Channel 16 at all times.
Details of this work are specified in the Notice to Mariners that can be downloaded here.
Notices to Mariners
The Notices to Mariners that have been issued for the Rhyl Flats Offshore Windfarm recently are listed below:-
- Wave buoy maintenance: this is the notice described above. It provides information on wave buoy maintenance work that is due to take place in July 2021. The notice can be downloaded here.
- Jack up Vessel Operations: this notice was issued on 27th June 2021. It describes maintenance operations that were due to be carried out by the jack-up vessel Wind during July. This work has now been completed and the Notice has been withdrawn.
Please contact Jim Andrews, Fishery Liaison Officer by e-mail or phone (+44(0)7908-225865) if you have any queries or concerns about this notice.