A Navigation Warning advising of Transition Pieces with unlit navigation beacons has been issued for the Gwynt y Môr Offshore Windfarm today, 5th October 2012. The full notice can be downloaded here and is summarised below.
There are eleven (11) potential hazards within the Gwynt y Môr Offshore Windfarm area on which the navigation lights have been reported to be unlit. Ten (10) of these are transition pieces which are above water. One of these (E10A) is a monopile, which may be covered by the sea at some states of tide. The location of these structures is shown on the chart here and listed below.
- D9C: 3° 32′ 17.17″W | 53° 28′ 26.62″N
- E10A: 3° 33′ 54.19″W | 53° 28′ 5.94″N (Monopile, may be submerged at some states of tide).
- F12H: 3° 32′ 55.46″W | 53° 27′ 46.16″N
- G10K: 3° 35′ 20.58″W | 53° 27′ 25.34″N
- G9K: 3° 35′ 59.51″W | 53° 27′ 25.10″N
- H11H: 3° 34′ 12.65″W | 53° 27′ 5.47″N
- H12H: 3° 33′ 33.73″W | 53° 27′ 5.69″N
- J14G: 3° 31′ 56.11″W | 53° 26′ 46.13″N
- J15G: 3° 31′ 17.20″W | 53° 26′ 46.35″N
- K11G: 3° 32′ 54.16″W | 53° 26′ 25.68″N
- K9H: 3° 34′ 11.98″W | 53° 26′ 25.23″N
Latitudes and longitudes are referenced to the WGS84 datum.
All vessels are asked to navigate with extreme caution in the vicinity of these structures at night and in reduced visibility.
If any further structures are reported to be unlit, these will be detailed in further notices. All vessels are requested to report any unlit structures to the Gwynt y Môr Marine Coordinator immediately by e-mail or by phone (+44(0)7827-244495).
Please contact Jim Andrews, Fishery Liaison Officer by e-mail or phone (+44(0)7908-225865) if you have any queries or concerns about this notice.