[Update – the information in this notice has been superseded by more recent notices. The notice remains as part of the historical record of notices issued for this project. Please refer to the most recent notice for an up-to-date record of the notices presently in place for this project. This can be accessed via the project description page here.]
Mariners are advised of an update to the list of vessels that are carrying out urgent operations on an inshore section of the Western HVDC Link cable, approximately 1.7km from the southern landfall on the Wirral. Details of the operations are provided in a Notice to Mariners that can be downloaded here and is summarised below.
This work is being carried out at the location specified below:-
- Liverpool Bay: in an area approximately 1.7km from the Wirral shore, extending for 200m between the points 053°25.557’N 003°07.894’W to 053°25.665’N 003°08.001’W.
A map showing the location of the work is given in the Notice to Mariners which can be downloaded here.
The DP shallow water vessel Atlantis arrived on site earlier this month to start work on the cable. From around the 18th of May some additional vessels are due to be arriving to complete the operations at this location. weather and sea conditions permitting.
Details of the vessel involved in these operations, along with the present location can be found on MarineTraffic.com via the links below:-
- Atlantis: Shallow water vessel | Call sign ORKN
- Wave Walker 1: Jack up barge | Call sign PBVH
- NP289: Multipurpose barge | Call sign
- Wind: Jack up barge | Call sign OXSW2
The vessels will be monitoring VHF Channel 16 throughout the operations.
The vessels involved in this work will be restricted in theability to manoeuvre and other vessels are reminded to pass at a safe speed and distance. Fishing vessels are advised to remain a safe distance (approximately 1.5 nautical miles) from the area identified in the Notice to Mariners.
Notices to Mariners
The Notices to Mariners that are presently in place for this project are:-
- Western HVDC Link: Cable Operations, May 2018 – this notice is described above. It was issued on the 15th May 2018 and provides additional information about operations in Liverpool Bay close to the Wirral landfall. The Notice to Mariners can be downloaded here.
- Western HVDC Link: Cable Operations, May 2018 – this notice was issued on the 4th May 2018 and provides information about operations in Liverpool Bay close to the Wirral landfall. The Notice to Mariners can be downloaded here.
Earlier notices are all rescinded.